First and foremost, I would like to state that I do not support any crazy dieting or extreme excercising, this post is meant for those of you that feel the need to gain a little bounce to your ass, by adding or replacing steps to your workout. Indeedly, summer has arrived and the body pressure is huge, therefore, it is very important to remember that the healthy way is the only way. Everything in moderation.
Furthermore, adding or replacing a few excercises to your workout from time to time, might rescue you from loosing your motivation or desire to continually work out. I believe, variety is a clever way to stay in a long-term healthy lifestyle.
With that being said, lets get started.
- Squats are a necessity, you knew this excercise would come even before you started reading the introduction. Indeed, this is a killer for your bum and there is a god reason why it is so popular. It hurts like hell, and that is what we want while working out, feel that our booty grows. Squat and feel the burn.
2. Lunges are an easy and efficient exercise to help build strength in your quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, calves, and core. They are also relatively safe to do as they have simple movements that are easy to follow, and lunges require no special equipment to complete. Lunges are also great to help you improve your balance.
3. Hip thrust is a very effective, targeted and versatile exercise designed to activate the gluteal muscles. Being that the glutes are the largest muscle in the body (by surface area), they play an important role in hip movement and stabilization.
4. Glute Bridge is similiar to Hip thrust, except when you do the glute bridge your whole back is supposed to touch the floor on your way down, instead of leaning your shoulders towards a bench or other objects as you do during hip thrust.
5. Back extension is a must have, now in our new technology days. We spend way too much time i front of our computers, and that affect our back more than we realise. If you squeeze your booty on your way up you are working with thos muscles too. Excellent.
6. Hip extensions. There are several twist to this excercise and for a good reason, you can work on different parts of your booty by doing the excercise in a multitude of ways. For instance, either you can lift your leg straight up from standing on your hands and one foot, and switch which foot you want to work on. Another way to do it, is as demonstrated below, with a rubber band.
Happy Booty-building loves ❤
Picture from instagram, when I was on a hike last summer. You can follow me there for more; Marenholmen.