The three pillars of sustainability:
This is the issue that proves the most problematic as most people disagree on political ideology what is and is not economically sound, and how it will affect businesses and by extension, jobs and employability. Economic development is about giving people what they want without compromising quality of life, especially in the developing world, and reducing the financial burden of doing what’s right.
This pillar contains first of all; awareness of and legislation protection of the health of people from pollution and other harmful activities of business and other organisations. Secondly, the importance of maintaining access to basic resources without compromising the quality of life. Sustainable housing and how we can better build the homes we live in from sustainable material, is also a hot topic today. The final element is education – encouraging people to participate in environmental sustainability and teaching them about the effects of environmental protection as well as warning of the dangers if we cannot achieve our goals
The tremendous harm we do to our environment today is the primary concern for the future of humanity. Environmental protection defines how we should study and protect our ecosystems, air quality, integrity and sustainability of our resources and focusing on the elements that stresses our environment. In addition,it concerns how technology will drive our greener future; the EPA recognized that developing technology is key to this sustainability, and protecting the environment of the future from potential damage that technological advances could potentially bring
The primary goals of having a sustainable lifestyle.
- End poverty and hunger
- Better our standards of education and healthcare.
- Sustainability to include health of our land, air and sea.
- Tackling the effects of climate change, pollution, and other environmental factors that harms people’s health, lives, and livelihood.
I could have written so much more about this subject, but I decide to end it here. I’ll get back to it on a later occasion, I don’t want to overflow you with too much text and information at once.
Just some quick facts to end it with.
The main source of environmental harm
The meat industry/ animal agriculture – THE ONE INDUSTRY THAT HARMS OUR PLANET MORE THAN ANY OTHER.
- A source of 51% of all greenhouse gasses.
- A meatbased diet requires 18 times more land than a plantbased diet.
- Responsible for 65% of the all human caused nitrous oxide emissions (a greenhouse gas with 296 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide).
- Number 1 cause of rainforest destruction.
- Responsible for 91% of the Amazon rainforest destruction.
Everyday ONE vegan saves:
- 1100 gallons of water
- 45 pounds of grain
- 30 sq. ft. of forest land
- 20lbs CO2 equivalent
- 1 animals life
- A vegan diet also cut our carbon footprint by 50%.
Being a superhero has never been easier. Go vegan.
Puh! that’s it for sustainability today.
Have an awesome day!